Wednesday, 03 May 2023
7:00 – 8:30 pm @ Russell Books
Standing Out: How to Flourish while Using the Power of Authenticity in Book Promotion
James Stewart of Friesen Press
Whether you are a published author or one writing your first book, figuring out the successful path to the marketing side of being an author – while continuing to do what you love most – is often the most frustrating/challenging part of the journey. Are you feeling lost or overwhelmed by marketing? Not sure where to start, what to focus on, or how not to sabotage your own needs, in this world of ever-evolving technology? Are you unsure how to remain authentic throughout it all? You’re not alone in those feelings. You are, however, unique and this is your super power to effectively marketing your book and establishing your author brand today!
In this 45-minute talk followed by a 15-minute Q&A with James Stewart, Senior Promotion Specialist at FriesenPress, you’ll learn:
- Foundational marketing keys to align your efforts for success toward your goals,
- How to embrace and leverage not just your book’s unique aspects, but yours as well,
- Tips to cover design and its bigger role than meets the eye,
- How to stay authentic to you and package your unique story for a world that needs it,
- A handful of survival tips to stay healthy and content while living today’s author life.
James Stewart is the Senior Promotion Specialist at FriesenPress. In his work over the last decade, he has had the opportunity to coach hundreds of self-published authors on the many facets of book promotion, guiding them on how to reach each of their individual book goals, while supporting the specialists on his Book Promotion team. James also enjoys photography, writing, art, and mental health advocacy. He lives in Victoria, BC.